After 56 league games and three play-offs, there was finally a final meeting to determine the 2020 IPL champions. Four-time IPL champions, most of them, the Mumbai Indians will face the capitals of Delhi. who qualified at the top. For the first time in the final of the 13th edition of the Indian Premier League in Dubai on Tuesday.
Here are 7 cool facts you might not know about the 2020 IPL Final of the Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals. (Total IPL Coverage 2020):
1) It will be a battle between the IPL’s most successful captain, Rohit Sharma, who won four titles, and the youngest captain, Shreyas Iyer.
2) Only three times the first in the classification won the IPL. And the only team that has done it since the start of the playoffs are the Mumbai Indians, also twice.
3) Shreyas Iyer will be the youngest captain to lead a team to the IPL final. Rohit Sharma is currently the youngest captain to win the IPL. He had led MI to his first IPL title in 2013.
4) Shreyas Iyer becomes the first Mumbai-born cricketer to command Mumbai in an IPL final.
5) The opposite happened twice when Kumble was captain of the RCB for the 2009 final and Sachin Tendulkar led the MI team to the 2010 final.
6) Rohit Sharma in 2013 and Shreyas Iyer in 2020 are the only Indian players who led their IPL team to the final without being the captain of international cricket. Rohit in 2013 and Iyer in 2020 had represented India in ODI and T20I, but not in testing.
7) In the current Delhi Capitals squad, 3 players were part of the IPL championship squad: Shikhar Dhawan (SRH 2016), Ravichandran Ashwin (CSK 2010 and 2011) and Axar Patel (IM 2013).